Inspired by my reading I have decided to start the research stage of this project and get it underway. My goal is to research and idea generate as much as i possibly can as I think I will need the information when it comes the time to start building the GDD. I want to start forming some ideas for either an app or game that needs to fit the brand and values of Build Play learn. To meet these I need to remember some core things:
- It must be child friendly. (ESRB E)
- It must be educational or at least support the national curriculum
- It MUST be fun.
Some initial seed words for researching:
I then went forward and watched various Tedx talks (links below) and started coming up with random sentence ideas that I could possibly take forward. I not only concentrated on the words that they used in the talks but also the stage setting, body language and visual displays that were used. I wanted to pull ideas from the experience and not just the information, for instance the idea “build and manage a forest” came about from a picture a lady showed of a natural playground she had designed and built.
Ideas harvested from Seeds
- Growing plants using maths
- Shape arranging through clicking numbers
- Organising items in a certain way
- Gathering items for a purpose
- Colour by numbers to achieve a larger goal
- Using prime numbers to create random pictures
- A world without numbers
- Pick the right word for the situation
- Build and customise a space with words
- Change a shape by using words
- Communication through notes
- Stimulating an object through words
- Language Nutrition
- Interview people for the right jobs
- Change the pitch of a voice to match the speaker
- *Build and manage a forest*
I absolutely love these ideas so far and I am really enjoying this process. My next step is to abstract once more. I am going to do this by picking 6 of my favourite sentence ideas and researching a little into each, my goal is to make a word cloud for each idea. I am then going to start building a game idea and writing up a GDD step by step. Thank you so much for reading my blog today and I hope your’e having an amazing week!
Videos that Ideas were gathered from.
“Everybody is an expert in something- Celeste Headlee)